Spartanburg Humane Society
In 1964, a group of concerned citizens led by Mary Frances Grimes incorporated the Spartanburg Animal Welfare League (SAWL) to provide a humane method for managing the county's homeless animal population.
While our mission remains focused on providing shelter and care to lost, abandoned, and neglected pets, the SHS has evolved to develop proactive strategies aimed at combating its root causes.
As we respond to the immediate needs of displaced animals, we also offer services which help owners keep pets at home.
What to expect from the adoption process
1. Visit SHS and get to know an animal who is available for adoption. We have get acquainted rooms and a fenced area outside to spend some time pets.
2. Complete a short adoption application. This paperwork includes a few simple questions, seeing proof of identity, and asking for veterinary references, particularly when you have other animals. This is simply to protect the health of adopted animals as well as the pets you already have at home.
3. Have a counseling session with a member of our staff who will explain all the benefits of adopting from SHS. You can ask your counselor questions about our post adoption veterinary services, dog training services, or anything else you like.
4. Sign an adoption contract and pay the adoption fee, which helps to offset the cost of the services SHS provides you and your new pet.
5. If unaltered, we will schedule your pet for the first available surgery time. 6. Take your new pet home!
Are you looking to adopt a pet in the Spartanburg area? We have a number of lovable pets waiting for adoption in Spartanburg. Petango.com is one of the largest pet adoption sites with animal rescue groups all over the United States and Canada. Petango.com can give you access to a number of adoptable pets in Spartanburg looking for a kind, loving owner to take them home. This page is dedicated to our pet adoption shelter in Spartanburg where you will find plenty of adoptable pets waiting for a loving owner to take them home.