Bangor Humane Society
The Bangor Humane Society champions the humane treatment and adoption of companion animals, provides quality care for homeless pets, and promotes animal welfare through education and advocacy.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
1) Treat all animals and people with respect, dignity and integrity.
2) Work diligently to end companion animal overpopulation by increasing awareness of spay and neuter programs.
3) Promote adoption of physically and mentally healthy companion animals.
4) Educate and train caretakers to develop fulfilling and lifelong relationships with their companion animals.
5) Serve as responsible stewards of our resources.
6) Hold ourselves to the highest standards of safety, care and cleanliness.
7) Raise public awareness with regard to the humane treatment of all animals.
8)Use euthanasia only as a last humane option when in the best interest of an animal.
Begin the Adoption Process
Please note: After submitting an adoption application, we recommend that you follow-up with the shelter to ensure they have received your adoption application from Petango. The shelter’s contact information can be found in the left hand column. Thank you.
Are you looking to adopt a pet in the Bangor area? We have a number of lovable pets waiting for adoption in Bangor. Petango.com is one of the largest pet adoption sites with animal rescue groups all over the United States and Canada. Petango.com can give you access to a number of adoptable pets in Bangor looking for a kind, loving owner to take them home. This page is dedicated to our pet adoption shelter in Bangor where you will find plenty of adoptable pets waiting for a loving owner to take them home.